Monday, April 28, 2008

So..... starting this blog has been more of a challenge to myself than originally anticipated! I feel as though I should have all of these amazing insights that inspire and empower people but really my thoughts free flow in a random mosaic pattern if you will! I have laid in bed at night thinking about what to write and how to tie it to something that resembles spiritual insight and would make me sound a little like I know what I am talking about.....Well, I decided instead of trying to act like I am smart and clever... I am just going to try and be me and we'll see how that turns out!

Well, I have recently become an avid Fox News fan as I have become more and more interested in the upcoming presidential election. This in itself is quite shocking since I have always detested politics, but my turnaround would definitely make my father proud! I have to say that I am extremely concerned about the future of this great country that we live in! Normally, I would vote republican and leave it at that, but I have to say that I have issues with every candidate across the board. Between the dishonesty (or having trouble accurately recalling events as Hillary claims), the Obama-Wright-Ayers relationship ties, and McCain's mystery ( that is what I call it because I honestly don't know a lot about him, just something strikes me as odd).... I have to be honest and say that I almost want to abstain from voting this year. I know that voting is a freedom and a great way to uphold and sustain our democracy, but I am struggling with the idea that I could help put any one of these people in the oval office.


So.....I am challenging myself along with anyone who is willing to diligently pray for this country, its future, and each candidate that has the chance to step into the powerful position of president. I have to admit that praying for the US has never been my strong suit, but I truly believe it is needed now more than ever! I have always been overwhelmed by praying such a massive request (which means that I haven't done it very often because face it... who likes to be overwhelmed?), but I love knowing that God is never overwhelmed and that he is ready and willing to work on our (mine, yours, and the country's) behalf. I stand on his promise that He will perfect all that concerns us! I am praying that His fingerprints will be all over the outcome of this election and that He will give His believers peace and guidance in how to vote at the polls!
Oh and if anyone would like to share their thoughts on the candidates, I would love it!!!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey there! Your Whitney comment was a T-total compliment..I keep my singing skills a secret from most (feel privileged).
I can't agree more about the upcoming election. I have to say that I'm a little skeptical of all canidates involved. I've tried to watch a few debates, but get very frustrated at their lack of taking a stand on ANY issue.
I will definitely join you in praying that God gives us direction in voting for who He sees is best fit for the job.
(I'm paranoid that you're reading my blog now due to our "history" with writing :) I bet you critique it the whole time you're reading it huh?!) TEASING...kind of!
Love you!

Adam Young said...

Hey Babe!!

You're doing good. Trust me, the more you start writing the more you have to write about!

Here is another blog I think you will enjoy -> http://robin.thestorches.com/

That is Terry Storch's (from LC) wife. She is an avid blogger and stay at home mom too! I haven't ever read it but she is like you and her husband got her into blogging.

Hope you have a great day! I am already tired and it's only 9:15!!!!!!!