Monday, June 2, 2008

Life and all that comes with it!

I know it has been almost a week since my last blog entry so I thought I would update! Nothing too exciting has taken place, but I guess that is not such a bad thing. I am somewhat grateful for those quiet weeks that pass by without any drama to interfere!

Most of our youth group kids are out of school for the summer, which means things are about to get really busy for us! We already have two events scheduled for this week and then we take off for camp next Sunday.

Little guy is doing great.... had to get a shot today, which is never fun, but he was a trooper! Shots usually knock kids out and they sleep all day, but not with my child. They wind him up.... he has only slept an hour all day!!!!

All in all, my life is going great! I couldn't be more blessed and I am thankful that God has gently reminded me of that so much lately! Part of my job as a youth pastor's wife is getting to know all the girls and being there for them to talk to, vent, laugh, cry, and every other emotion that us women have been so blessed to get to experience pretty much on a daily basis! :) What this means is that I usually listen to the problems and issues that they are facing. Wow, this is such a privilege and a burden all at the same time. My heart is continually breaking for the intense situations that some of them are having to handle at such a young, impressionable age. Most of the time, I have to be honest with them and let them know that I personally cannot relate or tell them "I know how you feel", but that I will stay in prayer for them! I know that is the absolute best I can do for them but sometimes in the moment it feels as though it is not enough. I am so glad that I trust in a God that is always in control, even in the times of trial and hardship!

May we all count our blessings today, because if we look around (even globally) we would realize that there are so many others around us that are hurting more than we could possible imagine! May we never lose sight of the bigger picture, always be sensitive to those in pain around us, and never lose perspective of just how big and sovereign God is, even if we don't understand His ways!

3 comments:

L.C.T. said...

Beautiful post. And how very true it all is.

Tipp said...

Excellent reminders!

You are doing such a world changing thing with those girls, you may be the one thing that helps them make it through the day.

Way to go girl!

Marshall Family said...

wonderful thoughts there, thinking about the rest of the world certianly brings it all into perspective doesn't it :)