Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Superyard = Baby Jail .... and I love it!




Okay so before I was a mother, I used to look at this product for children and mock it because I thought it looked like a jail for babies and was a crazy idea! Well..... let's just say that I changed my mind and it is being shipped to me as we speak!

There are two-fold reasons as to why I chose to surrender and purchase this superyard. First, my son started crawling a week ago and I have never had to say the word "no" more in my life. Second, I need to be able to get things done throughout the day and it seems like the perfect solution for playtime/mommy needs to clean time!

In addition to the above reasons, I have given it much thought (partly because this massive piece of plastic is costing me a pretty penny) and I have come up with another perk. This superyard is another way of teaching my son his first lessons on boundaries. I think this is important due to the fact that learning boundaries is an essential part of life and growing up.... physical, social, emotional boundaries.... they are all important!

Well, I guess those are all my justifications as to why my child will be going to baby jail for playtime! :) Haha It should arrive within the week and I will let you know how it works out for us!

3 comments:

L.C.T. said...

Ah I'm sure he'll be fine. He'll find something new and exciting about it. The kids I teach always amaze me at how they keep themselves entertained!

Marshall Family said...

babyjail! haha! Love it! Both mine had travel cots to play in when they became mobile, they weren't in for long mainly when I had to go into the kitchen of the bathroom but they are very, very good :) xx

Kristen said...

Beckett is crawling?! WOW, he's growing so fast!
This post made me laugh! I went to Dr. Wilk's office the other day (and LOVED her...thanks so much!) and a lady had her kid on a leash. As I was leaving he started going out the door and she pulled that kid back like she'd just caught the biggest fish! Bless his heart he'll probably have whiplash until he's 12. :)
I know I laugh now, but if the day comes when we have kids (and they're anything like Zack and Scott), I'm sure I'll have all things restrictive!
Hope you have a great weekend!