Saturday, May 3, 2008

Trusting God

Trusting God is supposed to come easy for Christians right!?! I lived with that notion for many years and always doubted my relationship with God because to be honest, trusting Him does not come easy for me! I am finding out that more and more people seem to deal with this issue which leads me to the conclusion that it is not supposed to be easy. I think God desires to see us trust him even though it is hard and when we do He is able to and usually does exceed our expectations (even if He did not give us exactly what we wanted). When He proves himself to us, if you will, it may be easier to lay the next situation at His feet and wait on Him! 

I have to be transparent and say that I seem to teeter-totter with the whole trust vs. mistrust. It actually depends on if I feel as though I have enough strength myself and if I feel I have control! If I don't feel experience either of these feelings then I might just let God have it, but usually not until then. Stupid I know, because in all actuality, I have no control... only He does! Why don't I just trust??? It seems so tough to do but it would actually relieve a lot of pressure and make like much easier! In my mind I say "yes, that is what I want to do" but my actions speak nothing of the sort.  I am fully aware that God never meant for you to do life alone (as my husband always says)! He blessed us with friends and family, but more importantly He has blessed us with the opportunity to have the closest relationship with the God whose love knows no boundaries and His desire to provide and care for His people never fades! If you are like me, you have a hard time believing this even though it has been ingrained into your head from a young age... well, I guess we should not just listen but grasp and cling to what His word says:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.  
Proverbs 3:5-6

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.
 Proverbs 29:25

Believe me, I am preaching at myself with these verses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!
First, I didn't know you started blogging! I'm excited to share all this fun stuff with you!!!
Second, I completely understand the whole trusting Him stuff!!
Love you!!!!